Close this search box.
Close this search box.

Campus Q&A

Campus Safety

For emergencies, call the Campus Safety Officer at (910) 280-2895.

The Campus Safety Office is located is Burris Hall, at the far end of the PE Building.  This is also where ID pictures are taken.

You can pick up a form at the Campus Safety Office or complete a form online.

If you have a question about a ticket, you can visit the Public Safety Office or consult The Saltire Student Handbook regarding parking violations.  Tickets should be paid at the Business Office in the James L. Morgan Liberal Arts Building.

Computer & Telephone Services

Computer Services is located in the James L. Morgan Liberal Arts Building.

You can contact Computer Services regarding questions related to computers and telephones at (910) 277-5014 or via email.

Disability Services

Health & Wellness

Visit our Health and Wellness page for more information on the available services.

All new students are required to submit immunization records. This must be signed by a doctor.

All degree-seeking students are required to be covered under medical insurance and provide proof of adequate coverage to the Business Office.

Being at a university is a time of transition and growth. In addition to the opportunities for intellectual development, St. Andrews also provides opportunities for students to learn how to deal effectively with relationships of all kinds, balance work and recreation, manage emotional, physical, and mental stress, improve time management skills, and make positive decisions about how they want to live their lives.

All information discussed in counseling is held in confidence to the limits provided by the law. No record of counseling is made on students’ academic transcripts. All students who feel the need to talk with a counselor should contact The Restoration and Wellness Center at [email protected]. The Restoration and Wellness Center (RWC) offers a holistic approach to counseling for students, faculty, and staff.

The RWC offers pastoral care, academic success counseling, occupational therapy, and a licensed mental health counselor. This service is available Monday-Friday from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm by appointment. In addition, The Restoration and Wellness Center has an established relationship with Scotland Family Counseling Center. Students, faculty, or staff may be referred to Scotland Family Counseling if deemed appropriate by the RWC staff. All degree seeking students are required to be covered under medical insurance. Medical providers will expect students to present their insurance card and copayment to receive services.


All students needing to place a Work Order should contact their Resident Assistant or Resident Director to place a work order. Students can also contact the Director of Student Life for assistance with work orders.


Yes, all new students including first-year, commuter, international, and transfer students are required to attend Orientation. Attending Orientation helps students in their acclimation to campus life. Students will also register for classes and meet other students during this time.

In addition to students, family members are also welcome to attend Orientation.

An outline of the Orientation schedule can be found here. Specific times and locations for programs are subject to change, but the Orientation dates will not so you may use this schedule to help you make your arrival plans. Students will receive their official schedule when they arrive.

Dining at St. Andrews

All on campus students have a meal plan. A meal plan is optional for commuter students.

The meal plan is already included in the comprehensive fee that each residential student pays. Access to meals is limited to 19 meals per week. Students must present their St. Andrews ID cards for scanning at all meals.

Students should contact Cassandra Lowery, the Director of Food Services.

Residence Life & Housing

Since being part of the campus community is both a vital and unique part of college life, most students are required to live on campus. However, exceptions are made for students over 21, students with children, married students, or students who live locally with their parents.

You may see a list of RD’s and Room Items on the Residence Hall page.

Your television may not support the signal that is used on campus. Click here to learn more and discover methods of correcting the issue.

Firstly, students are strongly encouraged to communicate issues directly to their roommates. If addressing the issue does not work, the student should voice their concerns to a Resident Assistant/Resident Director. Parents and family members are advised to encourage students to handle their roommate situations directly. Information may be found on the Living with a Roommate page.

You can always speak with a Resident Assistant (RA) directly or contact a Residence Director (RD). The RD’s are listed on the Residence Hall page.

Although we encourage everyone to have the experience of living with a roommate, we realize that this is not a possibility for all students. More information may be found on the Housing page.

You may be assigned another roommate unless you request a single room.

Student Activities

Students interested in joining a student organization should visit the Clubs and Organizations page.

Student Conduct

All campus rules and policies can be found in the The Saltire Student Handbook, which is conveniently located online. We recommend that students read this before arriving on campus. All students acknowledge that they will abide by all campus policies when they sign their housing contract.