Earn a Degree in Equine Studies from St. Andrews University
At St. Andrews University, we’re extremely proud of our diverse and unique catalog of majors. At the forefront of this is our equestrian program. This line of study gives students the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in a number of careers in the equine industry. Our nationally-recognized riding program is just one of the things that puts our equine studies program among the best. We offer opportunities for every type of rider, whether a beginner, recreational, a serious amateur, or an aspiring professional. Even students in other degree programs are encouraged to participate in our equestrian program, as it gives them valuable skills, teaches them something new, and allows them to have fun. If you’re interested in a career in the equine industry, St. Andrews is the university to choose to help you reach your goals. Visit our beautiful campus and equestrian center today to see for yourself.
Our Equine Degrees
We offer four equine-related majors:
- Biology with specialization in equine science
- Business administration with a specialized program of study in equine business management
- Business administration with a specialized program of study in therapeutic horsemanship business management
- Therapeutic horsemanship
What Our Equine Studies Program Offers Students
We strive to create an environment where students get hands-on, real-world experience in addition to their classroom studies. Our equine program is no exception. During your time as an equine student at St. Andrews University, you’ll receive:
- Numerous opportunities to work at the barn, including volunteering for our Ride-Like-A-Knight Therapeutic Horsemanship program.
- Access to competitions within the Intercollegiate Horse Shows Association (IHSA) Hunter Seat and Western, Intercollegiate Dressage Association (IDA), and American National Riding Commission (ANRC).
- Boarding of your horse at our 300+ acre equestrian center with 4 barns, 2 covered arenas, 1 indoor arena, 3 outdoor riding arenas, 1 dressage arena, 2 hunter trial (derby) courses, several riding fields, and extensive turnout for horses.
Experience St. Andrews First-Hand
Schedule a visit to our university and see our stunning equestrian center, meet professors, and see students in action. You’ll get a taste of our culture and academic life that will help you see that St. Andrews is the only place for you.