The Health and Wellness Office is located on the second floor of DeTamble Library. Important student information is listed below:
- Medical Services: The Laurinburg area offers several primary and urgent care facilities. Students may contact the Health and Wellness Office at 910-277-5040 or 5149, if assistance is needed with making an appointment.
- Emergency Services: Scotland Memorial Hospital Emergency Center provides emergency services. In case of an emergency, call 911.
- Insurance: All degree-seeking students are required to be covered under medical insurance. Medical providers will expect students to present their insurance card and co-payment to receive services. Click here to accept or waive St. Andrews Insurance.
- Health Records: Students are required to file a copy of their immunization record with the Health and Wellness Department before attending any class on the Main Campus. Students are encouraged to self-report serious health concerns to the Health and Wellness Office such as chronic conditions, severe allergies, seizure disorder, etc.
- Class Absences: Students are expected to bring their medical excuse to a staff member in the Health and Wellness Department. Once received, an excused absence will be issued.
In addition to the opportunities for intellectual development, St. Andrews also provides opportunities for students to learn how to deal effectively with relationships of all kinds, balance work and recreation, manage emotional, physical, and mental stress, improve time management skills, and make positive decisions about how they want to live their lives.
Please visit the Counseling Office page for more information.
Crisis Intervention Services
In a critical mental health situation, call the Campus Safety Officer on duty at 910-280-2895, the Residence Director on call at 910-280-1753, 911, or go to the Emergency Center at Scotland Memorial Hospital.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE! If you need help, fill out this form: Keep Calm and Let Us Help
*If you have experienced domestic or sexual violence contact, please contact:
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline -1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
*If you are struggling with mental health concerns, please contact:
- Suicide and Crisis Lifeline 988
- SAMHSA National Helpline 1-800-662-4357
- Crisis Text Line – Text Hello to 741741