Director of Alumni Relations
St. Andrews University invites applications for the position of Director of Alumni Relations. This full-time position is responsible for developing and maintaining close, mutually supportive relationships between alumni and the University. In addition to planning, and implementing programs and services for alumni, the Director will work closely with alumni volunteers. The Director will also be assigned specific fundraising responsibilities designed to cultivate and involve alumni in financially supporting the University’s goals and objectives. This position reports to the campus President and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Office of Alumni Relations. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum a bachelor’s degree; direct experience in volunteer management, fundraising and/or alumni relations; excellent writing and oral communications skills; highly organized; and social media and data management expertise. Applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references. Consideration of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Please send all materials to:
Ms. Lori Weaver, Coordinator
Payroll and Benefits
St. Andrews University
1700 Dogwood Mile
Laurinburg, NC 28352
Electronic submissions to email@example.com are preferred.
We are looking for a qualified Payroll/Benefits Coordinator assist in all activities regarding the management of employee compensation.
Our ideal candidate is a thorough professional with good communication abilities. He/she is analytical and methodical, has a great understanding of the concept of confidentiality, experience in payroll administration and deep knowledge of payroll regulations. We also value integrity, team spirit and strong organizational skills.
- Manage compensation packages using payroll software
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and payroll tax obligations
- Collect and verify timekeeping information for all employees
- Calculate pay according to hours worked incorporating leaves and overtime
- Calculate bonuses and commissions when appropriate
- Manage and calculate taxes and deductions
- Liaison with auditors and manage payroll tax audit
- Initiate periodical payments timely either by preparing and administering checks or making direct deposits through a bank payment system
- Maintain accurate payroll and benefit records.
- Maintain all personnel files
- Update paper and electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status changes etc.
- Calculate unemployment payments
- Reporting requirements and payment preparation to third-party vendors for benefits
- Deal with complaints and questions regarding payroll from employees and upper management
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll and benefits
- Prepare and submit reports with payroll information to supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience as payroll coordinatoror payroll manager
- Familiarity with general accounting principles
- Experience in data collection, entry and reporting with great attention to detail and confidentiality
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, and regulations
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication abilities with aptitude in problem-solving
- Completion of human resource development courses at post-secondary institutions, professional certifications, equivalencies will be considered. BSc/BA in accounting/business administration is a plus
- Physical Demands: Payroll/Benefits Coordinator may have to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment, computers and attending sessions.
- Environmental Conditions: The business office is a busy facility. The Payroll/Benefits Coordinator will have to serve a number of people and projects at one time, and will be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of staff. The Payroll/Benefits Coordinator may find the environment to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organizational, time, and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.