Director of Alumni Relations
St. Andrews University invites applications for the position of Director of Alumni Relations. This full-time position is responsible for developing and maintaining close, mutually supportive relationships between alumni and the University. In addition to planning, and implementing programs and services for alumni, the Director will work closely with alumni volunteers. The Director will also be assigned specific fundraising responsibilities designed to cultivate and involve alumni in financially supporting the University’s goals and objectives. This position reports to the campus President and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Office of Alumni Relations. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum a bachelor’s degree; direct experience in volunteer management, fundraising and/or alumni relations; excellent writing and oral communications skills; highly organized; and social media and data management expertise. Applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references. Consideration of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Please send all materials to:
Ms. Lori Weaver, Coordinator
Payroll and Benefits
St. Andrews University
1700 Dogwood Mile
Laurinburg, NC 28352
Electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org are preferred.
We are looking for a qualified Payroll/Benefits Coordinator assist in all activities regarding the management of employee compensation.
Our ideal candidate is a thorough professional with good communication abilities. He/she is analytical and methodical, has a great understanding of the concept of confidentiality, experience in payroll administration and deep knowledge of payroll regulations. We also value integrity, team spirit and strong organizational skills.
- Manage compensation packages using payroll software
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and payroll tax obligations
- Collect and verify timekeeping information for all employees
- Calculate pay according to hours worked incorporating leaves and overtime
- Calculate bonuses and commissions when appropriate
- Manage and calculate taxes and deductions
- Liaison with auditors and manage payroll tax audit
- Initiate periodical payments timely either by preparing and administering checks or making direct deposits through a bank payment system
- Maintain accurate payroll and benefit records.
- Maintain all personnel files
- Update paper and electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status changes etc.
- Calculate unemployment payments
- Reporting requirements and payment preparation to third-party vendors for benefits
- Deal with complaints and questions regarding payroll from employees and upper management
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll and benefits
- Prepare and submit reports with payroll information to supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience as payroll coordinatoror payroll manager
- Familiarity with general accounting principles
- Experience in data collection, entry and reporting with great attention to detail and confidentiality
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, and regulations
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication abilities with aptitude in problem-solving
- Completion of human resource development courses at post-secondary institutions, professional certifications, equivalencies will be considered. BSc/BA in accounting/business administration is a plus
- Physical Demands: Payroll/Benefits Coordinator may have to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment, computers and attending sessions.
- Environmental Conditions: The business office is a busy facility. The Payroll/Benefits Coordinator will have to serve a number of people and projects at one time, and will be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of staff. The Payroll/Benefits Coordinator may find the environment to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organizational, time, and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
Please email resume to email@example.com for consideration.
St Andrews University Equestrian Center
- A degree from an accredited university.
- Experience managing or working full time in a barn within the past five years.
- Physically capable of: walking several miles a day; standing and walking for 6 hours a day; repeatedly lifting 50 pounds; squatting or leaning over to treat, wrap and/or bandage horses’ legs; restraining a horse if necessary.
- A valid driver’s license (preferably a CDL) and the ability to be insured by the university’s auto insurance carrier. Experience driving a horse trailer is recommended but not required.
- Comfortable with recognizing and managing equine injuries and illnesses until the vet arrives.
- This position is in a university setting so the ideal candidate will have experience teaching stable management and horse care.
Job Duties Include:
- Feeding and haying
- Blanketing and un-blanketing
- Bringing in and turning out horses
- Horse laundry
- Daily cleaning of barn aisles, tack rooms, restrooms, and offices
- Handling veterinary lists including giving medications and treatments under the veterinarian’s direction
- Keeping each horse’s records in your assigned barn up to date
- Grooming of retired horses
- Overseeing tack cleaning and repairs
- Supervising your assigned working students
- Assisting with all in house events including shows, open houses, clinics, etc.
Hours are generally 7:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. with a morning break and a lunch break. Weekend hours are 8-11 and 1-5 unless we are hosting an event at the Equestrian Center. As with all equine care positions there will be times when due to inclement weather or a horse being injured or sick, the assistant barn managers need to stay later or come in earlier. Our expectation is that you will stay until the job is done. This position has 1 to 2 days a week off depending on the time of the year. After thirty days of successful employment with positive evaluations, the employee is able to begin accruing vacation and sick leave. Enrolling in the university’s health, dental, and vision insurance plans is available upon employment. In addition to the ten days of paid vacation each year, there are also some paid holidays. Paychecks are deposited directly into your bank account on the 25th of each month.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to:
Attention Nancy Demus
Consideration of applications begins immediately and the position start date will be August, 2018