Thank you for your interest in St. Andrews University’s 2022 Equine Veterinary Science Camp! Application for this limited space camp is now open to high school students who will be graduating in 2024 or 2025 and who are interested in future Equine Veterinary careers. Students will work hands-on with our own University Veterinarian-in-Residence in our 20,000 square foot open science lab, and hands-on with equine patients at our 300+ acre university Equestrian Center, as well as visit the NC Aquarium. Students will dive deep into lecture topics on Equine Dentistry, Cardiology, Ophthalmology, and Equine Health and Wellness, and more! Spaces are limited in this non-riding camp. Upon completion of the camp, students will be given a certificate showing at minimum 40 hours of clinical experience. There will be two sessions offered:
Session 1 June 19-25
- Cost for each session is $1500 per Student (payment can be made in full or in two payments prior to June 1st)
- Students who are chosen to attend camp will be announced between May 2nd and May 15th
Deadline for submission (application, documents, scanned materials) is May 1, 2023
As this camp is competitive, there is an application process, and our Veterinarian-In-Residence will be making selections of those students based on their application. Requirements for consideration to attend are:
1) Current High School transcript
2) One recommendation letter (must be from an academic source OR a recommendation letter from a veterinarian the student has worked beside)
3) Submission of the application (Link below). Students will be selected based on academic standing and recommendation letters.
4) Copy of student’s Insurance Card (students must have US based insurance and card must be on file in case of emergency)
5) Photo of student with their Favorite animal
Please be aware before beginning the application that documents/scans should be uploaded directly via the application link, if possible, clear pictures of the items are acceptable, if the documents cannot be uploaded via the application directly, they can be emailed to Nancy Demus at Demusnw@sa.edu.
Due to the high volume of students who pre-registered, we expect spaces to fill up quickly. Please reach out to Nancy Demus, Director of Operations at SAU Equestrian Center at email@example.com if you have questions!