Application for Student Teaching
1. Complete this application form and all components of the Application for Student Teaching.
2. Place all components in a large envelope, seal and sign the front of the envelope. Include signatures and date of your academic advisor for Teacher Education and yourself on the front of the envelope.
3. Return a completed application folder to the Teacher Licensure Officer.
The student teaching experience is substantial and a full day of 16 weeks in a public school. In order to be admitted to the professional clinical semester, students must meet several requirements in addition to the initial requirements for formal admittance as a Teacher Education candidate. The students must:
1. Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in the teaching major
2. Have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 in the professional studies program of study
3. Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or better
4. Remove all incomplete grades
5. Proof of School District Approval must be granted and submitted before the candidate can serve as a student-teacher. Placement and school assignments is handled by the Teacher Education Licensure Officer.
6. Submit the Application for Student Teaching by application deadline dates. March 1(fall semester) and October 1 (spring semester).
** It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all the information has been received by the Department of Teacher Education.
It is strongly advised that the students in the program who are working as teacher assistants should not be allowed to student teach in the same school or class where he/she serves as an assistant. Student teachers will be permitted to engage in outside employment, participate in university extracurricular activities or enroll in an evening or online class with the approval of the Teacher Education Committee.
APPLICATION PACKET REQUIREMENTS
1. Application Form
2. Current Transcript (may be obtained from the student portal or through your faculty advisor
3. Copies of Pearson/Praxis II test scores as required by your major area of licensure – (must have passed each portion of the test(s)
4. Interview regarding the St. Andrews Teacher Education Conceptual Framework of the Learner-Centered Professional Teacher