Our mission is to encourage and promote excellence in the Social Sciences and to uphold and nurture scholarship, leadership, and service.
Students are invited to join the Pi Gamma Mu International Society upon recommendation of faculty in the Division of Liberal and Creative Arts. Invitations are based on the student’s academic standing, credit hours in the social sciences courses and rank in their respective class.
The Society not only provides recognition for scholastic achievements, but also offers enrichment opportunities through service projects, publications, scholarships, and lectureship grants. Pi Gamma Mu was founded n 1924, is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies, and is affiliated with the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Its professional journal is the International Social Science Review.
St. Andrews University was recently recognized as a Star Chapter by the Society.
Initiation Fees are $50.00 for a lifetime membership.
Privileges of a membership are:
- A valuable item for your resume
- Furtherance of a professional career
- Advancement in government service rating
- Invitation to regional meetings and triennial conventions
- Opportunities to work closely with those who share common interests
- An opportunity to compete for exclusive shcolarships for the first and second year of graduate school
- An email subscription to the Pi Gamma Mu Newsletter
More information about the Society can be see on their web page at www.PiGammaMu.org