Wednesday/12 Sept. 2018
St. Andrews University continues to prepare for the hurricane/storm arrival:
- Classes are suspended until Monday, Sept. 17, but the campus and residence buildings remain open and staffed with resident directors; students will be accounted for as they leave or stay. Meals will continue as regularly planned.
- Physical Plant has made preparations to secure campus buildings in the event of heavy rain.
- Food Services has received extra deliveries of non-perishable food and water.
- Staff members have met with local authorities who have pledged support and assistance if needed.
- Athletic events have been cancelled EXCEPT football. Football will leave campus a day earlier than planned. The game will be played Friday instead of Saturday afternoon in Georgetown, Ky.
- Residence Life Staff and Campus Safety officers are on duty and available to assist students.
- Dean of Students Dr. Verhey has announced that alumni have offered assistance and accommodations if students not leaving the campus would like to be their guests. Contact him at 910.277.5145.
Updates will be available on our website and social media accounts as they develop or change.