Campus Q&A

Campus Safety

Whom do I contact in the event of an emergency?

For emergencies, call the Campus Safety Officer at (910) 280-2895.

Where is the Campus Safety Office located?

The Campus Safety Office is located is Burris Hall, at the far end of the PE Building.  This is also where ID pictures are taken.

Where do I register my vehicle?

You can pick up a form at the Campus Safety Office or complete a form online.

What do I do about parking tickets?

If you have a question about a ticket, you can visit the Public Safety Office or consult The Saltire Student Handbook regarding parking violations.  Tickets should be paid at the Business Office in the James L. Morgan Liberal Arts Building.

Computer & Telephone Services

Where is Computer Services located?

Computer Services is located in the James L. Morgan Liberal Arts Building.

Whom do I contact regarding computer and telephone questions?

You can contact Computer Services regarding questions related to computers and telephones at (910) 277-5014 or via email.

Disability Services

How do I get assistance for my disability?

You must fill out a Disability Services form.  


Whom do I contact regarding Disability Services?

Teresa Reynolds is the Director of Disability Services.

Health & Wellness

Do I have to submit health information?

Visit our Health and Wellness page for more information on the available services.

All new students are required to submit a immunization records.  This must be signed by a doctor.

Do I have to have health insurance to attend St. Andrews?

All degree-seeking students are required to be covered under medical insurance and provide proof of adequate coverage to the Business Office.

Where can I find information on Counseling Services?

St. Andrews University has teamed with Robeson Health Care Corporation to provide counseling services to students.  To schedule an appointment, please contact a staff member in our SAU Health and Wellness Department, which is located in the duPont Center for Academic Success in Pate Hall at 910-277-5040 or go to the Center between the hours of 8:30 A.M. and 5:00 P.M.


How do I make a maintenance request?

The Work Order System should be used to communicate with Maintenance and Computer Services. The St. Andrews work orders system is powered by Microsoft cloud servers, therefore, you must sign up for a free Microsoft Office 365 account using your St. Andrews email account to access and utilize the work order system.

What do I do if there is a maintenance emergency that requires immediate assistance during non-business hours?

Students should contact Campus Safety for maintenance emergencies that happen after hours.


Do I have to attend Orientation?

Yes, all new students including first-year, commuter, international, and transfer students are required to attend Orientation.  Attending Orientation helps students in their acclimation to campus life.  Students will also register for classes and meet other students during this time.

Are family members allowed to attend Orientation?

In addition to students, family members are also welcome to attend Orientation.  There will be segments of Orientation especially for parents/guardians during the first part of Orientation.

Where do I find a copy of the Orientation schedule?

An outline of the Orientation schedule for 2020  can be found here. Specific times and locations for programs are subject to change, but the Orientation dates will not so you may use this schedule to help you make your arrival plans. Students will receive their official schedule when they arrive.

Dining at St. Andrews

Do I have to have a meal plan?

All on campus students have a meal plan.  A meal plan is optional for commuter students.

How do I get a meal plan?

The meal plan is already included in the comprehensive fee that each residential student pays.  Access to meals is limited to 19 meals per week.  Students must present their St. Andrews ID cards for scanning at all meals.

Whom do I contact if I have food allergies?

You must contact the Brian Johnston, our Director of Pioneer Dining Services.

Residence Life & Housing

Do I have to live on campus?

Since being part of the campus community is both a vital and unique part of college life, most students are required to live on campus.  However, exceptions are made for students over 21, students with children, married students, or students who live locally with their parents.

What should I bring with me to the resident hall?

We have a list of items found on the What To Bring With You page.

What is already in the room?

You may see a list of RD’s and Room Items on the Residence Hall page.

I am not seeing channels on my television. What is wrong?

Your television may not support the signal that is used on campus. Click here to learn more and discover methods of correcting the issue.

What do I do if I am having roommate issues?

Firstly, students are strongly encouraged to communicate issues directly to their roommates.  If addressing the issue does not work, the student should voice their concerns to an Resident Assistant/Resident Director.  Parents and family members are advised to encourage students to handle their roommate situations directly.  Information may be found on the Living with a Roommate page.

Whom do I contact if I have a concern in my residence hall?

You can always speak with an Resident Assistant (RA) directly or contact an Residence Director (RD). The RD’s are listed on the Residence Hall Page.

How do I get a single room?

Although we encourage everyone to have the experience of living with a roommate, we realize that this is not a possibility for all students. More information may be found on the Housing page. Click Here.

What if happens my roommate moves or transfers?

You may be assigned another roommate unless you request a single room.

Student Activities

How do I join a club/organization?

Students interested in joining a student organization should visit the Clubs and Organizations page.

Student Conduct

Where can I find a list of all the campus rules and college policies?

All campus rules and policies can be found in the The Saltire Student Handbook, which is conveniently located online.  We recommend that students read this before arriving on campus.  All students acknowledge that they will abide by all campus policies when they sign their housing contract.