Letter to our International Students
Dear St. Andrews’ International Students
St. Andrews University, a branch of Webber International University, intends to hold in-seat/hybrid classes for the fall semester. The fall semester is scheduled to begin Tuesday, August 25th and to end on Friday, December 11th. On Monday, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) provided guidance on the rules by which the Student Exchange and Visitor System (SEVIS) will manage foreign students and exchange visitors in the United States for the 2020 fall semester.
- St Andrews must notify the format of instruction for the fall semester by August 1st. As mentioned above, St. Andrews will select hybrid.
- Andrews must reissue I-20’s for all international students no later than August 4th. This has been completed for all students, but may need to be revised if you cannot enter the USA.
- Students may enter the United States up to 30 days prior to the start of the classes but must be on campus by the start date. The start date for St. Andrews is Tuesday, August 25th. New student registration is August 21st and 22nd. Returning student registration is August 23rd and 24th. Some athletes and equestrian will need to be on campus at an earlier date. If you want to arrive early, please notify Student Life and Housing so that approval and transportation arrangements can be made.
- On a rare and case by case review, the Academic Dean can issue a letter approving the request to arrive on campus later than August 25th. International students must have that letter with them when they attempt to enter the United States. Please keep in mind that even with the letter, there is no guarantee that you will be admitted to the United States after August 25th. Please plan to arrive on or before August 25th.
- Students must take a minimum of 12 credit hours with no more than 3 credit hours online.
- Students may participate in hybrid classes, with at least 51% of the time in seat instruction.
We realize that at this time there are restrictions that keep international students living in some countries from entering the United States. For those students who are restricted from returning to campus for the fall semester, we are preparing an online curriculum for you so that you can stay on track for graduation. We will discuss this option during the ZOOM meetings.
We plan two ZOOM meetings next Wednesday, July 15th at 11:00am and 5:00pm EST to discuss these regulations and how we can best serve your needs; as well as to answer your questions. The ZOOM registration for these two meetings is as follows:
Know that we miss all of you and look forward to being together in the near future.
Dr. Ellen Bernhardt, Interim Campus President