COVID-19 UPDATE 3/27
This afternoon, Governor Cooper issued a state-wide “Stay at Home Order” that will take effect Monday, March 30, at 5:00 p.m. St Andrews University has been designated as an essential service. So, we will remain open and all services will remain in operation. You may continue to stay on campus.
Unlike many parts of the state, St Andrews and Scotland County remain relatively untouched by COVID 19. There has still only been one case in Scotland County. But, in order to comply with the Governor’s order and in order to protect ourselves, our campus, and our community from the virus, we need to continue our efforts to comply with the following:
· Keep an appropriate social distance from others (six feet)
· Do not gather in groups larger than ten people
· Do not leave campus, except as absolutely necessary to run required errands (store, pharmacy, doctor’s office, etc.)
· Do not invite guests to campus: it is important to protect ourselves and our campus from any possible viral contamination
· Do not, under any circumstances, leave Laurinburg/Scotland County. Students cannot return to campus once they have left the county, in order to protect our campus and our community.
· Continue good hygiene practices: wash your hands frequently, cough or sneeze into your arm, go to the doctor if you are sick, and stay away from people who are sick.