Celebrating 100 years of Occupational Therapy: The American Occupational Therapy Association’s (AOTA) Vision for 2025
AOTA presented Vision 2025 in 2016, as the profession’s vision statement, built on the work of the Centennial Vision and to guide the profession beyond its 100-year anniversary in 2017.
As an inclusive profession, occupational therapy maximizes health, well-being, and quality of life for all people, populations, and communities through effective solutions that facilitate participation in everyday living.
Pillars were created to help further define and communicate the Vision’s core tenets which are stated as follows:
- Effective: Occupational therapy is evidence based, client centered, and cost-effective.
- Leaders: Occupational therapy is influential in changing policies, environments, and complex systems.
- Collaborative: Occupational therapy excels in working with clients and within systems to produce effective outcomes.
- Accessible: Occupational therapy provides culturally responsive and customized services.
- Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity: We are intentionally inclusive and equitable and embrace diversity in all its forms.
The SAU BSOTA Program’s clinical and didactic curricular content is inspired by the American Occupational Therapy Association’s Vision 2025 Pillars. The goal of the program is to equip SAU students with the unique skills to challenge traditional business models of healthcare and healthcare service delivery, secure employment in traditional systems, develop diverse innovative collaborations with community agencies, non-profit organizations, entrepreneurs and local/national emerging markets and advocate for equal, accessible, effective and inclusive patient care as a leader and clinician in the field of occupational therapy.
Click the link to learn more about Vision 2025 https://www.aota.org/AboutAOTA/vision-2025.aspx